Monday, January 11, 2010

My Break

For my break I went all over Cambodia and to Bangkok. I started in Cambodia. We met my grandparents in Siam Reap. There we went to visit the famous Angkor Wat. I didn't really like it. There are just some things that you have to be at least 30 years old to appreciate. One temple was Ok because I jumped around in the ruins. I discovered a lot of places dangerous and off limits. That didn't really stop me. I went in them anyway and here I am typing this. Other than than Angkor Wat it was just R&R and look at dead bodies. We visited the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum probably better known as S-21. Cambodia was involved in the world's 2nd largest genocide and S-21 had plenty of photos of prisoners and torturers. The weird thing was at least 70% of the photos of torturers were CHILDREN!!! That's because the attackers ,The Khmer Rouge, realized that the children's minds were still fresh and could be corrupted.
In Bangkok I saw the movie Avatar. It was really good. Some movies, I feel like they drag on forever even if they're only an hour and 15 minutes. Avatar was twice as long and I didn't feel like it dragged on at all. I was always thrilled throughout the entire experience. $400 million was spent on making the movie and my dad says he read that in places around the world people were standing up and clapping at the end of the movie. That scene where Jake first saw the giant hawk thing cost $4 million alone. The bad thing is there really isn't a way a sequel can be created. I mean everyone knows what can really go wrong from now on. But it's been done with movies before. I think it's the greatest movie of 2009 and maybe even 2010.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wonder if our school is going to donate some money for them?

MaxC

TibetFanRinzin said...

Money to Cambodia or Avatar? Just kidding. Cambodia is still struggling because in the war an entire generation on smart people were killed off. Anyone who had an education or could speak a few words of a foreign language was a killed without consideration. The uneducated were left to be tortured or forced to do labor. So now pretty much everyone there is stupid. No offense to Cambodia.