Sunday, December 27, 2009

Barry Trotter and the Shameless Parody

This book is good. There were quite a few words in this book I didn't understand but I worked my way around them. Also you have to be a pretty mature reader to read this book. By that I mean you have to be able to withstand atleast a little bit of profanity and keep in mind this book is written for people 3 years older than a 6th grader. Although this is a great book to read it's a little unclear. To understand this you have to completely forget that this is a parody of another book. Then when you read this all will seem normal but towards the end it turns out everything you've read was actually a movie. If you don't understand what I mean thats Ok it's not very easy to understand until you actually read it.
In this book Barry, Lon and Ermine are trying to stop the Barry Trotter movie soon to be released by Wagner Brothers. They have to stop the movie because otherwise people will stop reading the books and Barry will end up like his friend Charlie from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, broke.
This book is good but like Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy I think I would understand it more if I was a little older. So I rate this book 4 stars.

No comments: