Thursday, October 1, 2009

Queste

In the fourth book of the Septimus Heap series,
Merrin Meredith tries to get revenge on Septimus. Merrin spent the first 10 years known as Septimus to DomDaniel. Merrin believes Septimus stole his name. Because of this he makes a contract with the ghost of Tertius Fume. Fume calls a questing and Septimus is sent away on the Queste that no apprentice has ever returned from.

This book rates 5 out of 5 stars for me. My favorite part of this, the latest book of the series, was when Beetle and Jenna met Ephaniah Grebe in the basement of the manuscriptorium. The chapter was really engaging as it was one of the only parts of the book where I didn't know if something good or bad was happening. Because they couldn't find Ephaniah at first I thought maybe something was going to happen like Simon jumping out of nowhere and killing them both. Ironically I think the story would have been better if that happened because it would have added an unexpected twist.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Ok, Rinzin, but I'm wondering...did Septimus actually steal his name or not? Since he's the hero, I would guess not, eh?

Does this conclude the series?

Yash said...

Im just saying, i read 2 pages that book and it is so boring! I like the first book though. The septimus heap series is a little boting. bye

yash