Friday, November 20, 2009

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

This book review is a little late. The Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy starts with Arthur Dent having an argument with the demolishers. He is arguing about why they have to demolish his humble home. What he didn't know was that 20 minutes later whether he won the argument or not his entire planet would be demolished. Arthur narrowly escapes thanks to his best friend, Ford Prefect, who secretly hitches a ride with the aliens that are destroying earth.
My favorite segments of the book was when Ford's copy of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy was explaining the 3 worst pieces of poetry in the universe and the argument between god and man about the babble fish. Both of these parts were hilarious. Especially the 3 worst poems in the universe. This is a very challenging book and when I tried to look up some of the words in the dictionary I couldn't find it! I rate this book 3.75 stars cause even though it's a great book, I don't think I understood it enough to enjoy it.

No comments: